There are plenty of different ways in which you can enjoy Ffarm Moelyci and join in with us.
At its simplest you can arrive, walk around the farm and have a browse around our shop and cafe; Blas Lôn Las. Here you can find food grown locally or enjoy our local range of tea, coffee and light meals, cakes and savouries (see shop opening times).
Ffarm Moelyci offers many more opportunities for you:
We have volunteer sessions every week in a variety of areas.
- The Growing Space @ The Market Garden
Every Thursday, starting at 10am. Learn about growing plants, flowers and food. Help provide the shop and cafe with fresh produce
- Blas Lôn Las the shop and cafe
Open Wednesday to Sunday, we’re looking for people to learn new skills, create coffee’s and serve behind the counter. This makes our shop a truly local experience.
- Woodland and Conservation Group
Every Wednesday and Sunday, the group meet to manage the woodland, learn wood craft skills and perform hedge laying and coppicing.
- Weather Station Group
Everyday, a volunteer from the group visits the site to record weather data for the farm.
- Orchard Group
Friday mornings. Take part in making our community orchard come to life.
Not for you?
If practical stuff isn’t for you then consider lending you time and skills to one of the Working Groups, each of which is helping shape the future of Ffarm Moelyci.
We have a variety of groups on the farm who get together to discuss and share ideas, or discuss the running of the farm. There is:
- An Allotment Group: managing the allotments, providing irrigation solutions and general support.
- Welsh Culture and Heritage Working Group: taking the lead on ensuring Ffarm Moelyci both learns from its heritage and speaks out as a part of the Welsh community of which it forms a part.
- The Bee Group: Learning how to look after our local bees and care for their hives.
- Wildlife Group: surveying and caring for the ecology on the Ffarm
- Woodland and Conservation Group: performing tree surveys and woodcraft and keeping our woods cared for.
- The Weather Station Group: Monitoring the weather and recording data for over 8 years.
- Health and Wellbeing Group: looking at providing nutritious foods.
New groups we are looking for more people. If you’re interested Contact Us
- Food Hub Group: helping us make sure the new shop and café space and the new kitchen facilities become a vibrant enterprise that works for the whole of the farming community and not just for this one farm.
- Events @ Moelyci: Ffarm Moelyci is a superb venue and this group are planning events (such as summer fair) and helping us build a great venue for use by others.
- Pig Group: our new community ownership of pigs on the farm
- Farming for the Future Group: looking at how we return the farm to carefully maintained and environmentally conscious grazing.
Still not for you? We also rent out a variety of small hot-desks and office spaces for new start ups and small companies. We also have a community kitchen for hire and welcome groups to hire out our facilities for parties, pop-up restaurants etc etc etc…
What to know more? Contact Us