We need your help!
Ffarm Moelyci is a truly community farm here to benefit the local people. Not only can you shop and enjoy the land but we welcome you to join us in running the farm and taking part.
How do you fancy learning new skills, making new friends and make a difference to your community and your environment? Whether you would like to enhance your CV, make friends or are looking to give something back we could use your help.
RECRUITING NOW! . . . . . . . With opportunities across the farm, we are currently looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Woodland & Conservation Group – as we bring the farm back in to good heart you can learn estate management (walls, fences, watercourses), habitat management (woodlands, heathland and grasslands) and help us beat some invasive species (the dreaded Himalayan balsam!). Join the conservation team in in their newly refurbished tool shed for tea and talk (and some work!)
- Every Wednesday and Sunday 10.00 to 4.00
- The Growing Space (including field production and fruit field) has two great opportunities for volunteering. Come and learn how to propagate your own foods and plants. Take part in harvesting and feeding the local community and being part of a local commercial operation.
- Every Thursday join us 10.00 – 4.00
- Community shop and café: Blas Lôn Las – is open from Wednesday to Sunday. Join a great team, learn new skills (retail, food prep, customer service) and meet all the people visiting Ffarm Moelyci.
- Weather Station Group: We are looking for volunteers to monitor the weather over the farm via our weather station. The data is recorded for the Met office. We are looking for new volunteers to cover a morning a week, and additional help to cover holidays and illness. Contact Ruth 01248 364909 or 07800 812 652 EMAIL LINK or contact the office for more information.
- Community Orchard Group: The group meets every Friday outside the barn. Come and join in and be part of creating community orchards and involved in apple pressing and growing.
- Admin and other skills: Meeting people and the outdoors not your bag? If you have other skills not listed you want to gain experience in, or develop then get in touch too. Everything from websites to social media, translations and interpretations, preparing venues for dinner parties or even basic administration or finance we’d love to hear from you.
Do you fancy growing your own, then how about an allotment at Ffarm Moelyci?
Not into the practical stuff? Why not volunteer your time or expertise to one of our working groups?