Blas Lôn Las
Good Food Grown Locally
Blas Lôn Las is where community meets local foods. This is your local community shop supplying a whole range of locally grown vegetables, plants and flowers, bread, eggs, milk and so much more. You also find local delicacies like Cosyn Cymru Cheese, local meats from Glasfryn and surrounding farms and and a whole range of dry goods, jams and chutneys. We even have a weekly Veg Box Club with seasonal goodies all year around.
Come and visit us, we are open from Wednesday to Sunday throughout the year. Our Opening Hours
- 11am to 5pm Wednesday
- 11am to 5pm Thursday
- 11am to 6pm Friday
- 11am to 5pm Saturday
- 11am to 4pm Sunday
We stock the shop with a wide variety of fruit and veg, as locally sourced as possible so we support our neighbouring producers. Where we can’t buy it locally we seek to buy it ethically. We are meeting your demands – told to us through over 250 survey responses – providing you with the local farm shop you wanted and desperately need.
We also stock a wide variety of plants, herbs and flowers provided right from our own garden The Growing Space. We have over 32 types of herbs, seasonal cut flowers and veg seedlings and plants to kickstart your beds in the spring and summer.
What do you get shopping locally?
If you buy local foods you gain:
- Access to locally made foods and treats which can’t be found in supermarkets worldwide.
- Better for the environment. Foods which have only come from a few miles away, even a few steps away. Less miles, less waste.
- Lower food waste, foods are harvested fresh, on that day and on demand.
- Less packaging. Freshly made and freshly picked means longer shelf life with only a little plastic packaging. Most of our fresh food is packaged in recycled paper bags.
- Better for you and the world around. Often our foods are organic, pesticide free and our freshly made foods are free from additives, colourings and preservatives and made from basic ingredients.
- Connect with your community. Actually see where your food is from, learn about the suppliers and take part.
Not just content with shopping and fancy a challenge? We have an amazing team here in Blas Lôn Las of community volunteers but we are looking for new friends to make this a truly community shop where local people can learn new skills, meet new people and have a great time working with us. That way we can open for longer and meet everyone out there. Join our wonderful team of volunteers and have a great time. All levels of experience are welcome and we’re really happy to train you up!
If you’re interested in the shop, selling or buying from us or what to be a volunteer, get in touch on 01248 602 793 or email us directly.
We support a wide range of suppliers and retailers, farms and producers not to mention smaller producers such as Cegin Helen, Becws Brian, Gethin Sheridan and many many more.